Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh holy crap - a ripple analogy


Oh dear. Alas I find myself the victim of a classic 'life' cliche. Life's like a box of chocolates, it's the thought that counts, yada yada yada... The other day I went for a long walk. On my own. On this walk I thought about stuff, and made decisions about stuff. Just 2 decisions. Which, is more than enough decisions for one walk. Still, I'm sticking to them and have starting implementing them slowing, but surely, this week. So to clear up the metaphor - "The decision is like the stone that caused the ripples of 'cool things' to flow through my week." said the Dalai Lama. "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. "He also said "The purpose of our lives is to be happy and to get to the Woolies sale really early, when the doors open. "

Dalai Lama - Proud supporter of the Fluffy Bunny Organisation.

Making the decision was the hard part. The rest feels kind of easy at this stage. I feel another metaphor coming on - "Deciding upon the destination is the tricky part, might as well enjoy the journey." James Earl Jones said to me. "Stick to the path you have chosen, or you might get lost. Which would suck balls hectically." He also said.

James Earl Jones - Proud supporter of the Fluffy Bunny Organisation.

James also said: "When I'm feeling down, I like to say - This is the world of CNN - to myself, and read fluffy bunnies. I just love it."

Thanks James And Dalai.

No comments: