Friday, October 24, 2008

Napping - sigh


Wow, I could go on forever. I am a heavy endorser of 'the nap'. It's amazing how fast your body can get used to something. I've had intense nap-cravings this week, after my break. I mean a siesta isn't such a CRAZY idea? I mean in our climate - and all. This may be a tough one to get through Parliament, although those lazy ANC dudes would probably be all for it. "Eish - sorry brew - nap time - deal with it tomorrow." Although municipal road worker dudes have it down to an art. It must take special napping skills to just 'kap a dos' wherever you are, like next to a highway. Skills. Impressed.

Nap paraphernalia is also brilliant. Like the ultimate soft blanket. Preferably made from t-shirt or light knit material. Winter napping is also a whole different from Summer napping. Winter napping on a Sunday afternoon with a hot water bottle. Great. Summer napping, after being at the beach all morning and a shower, and a well positioned fan. Nice. (Tanning could probably be considered a form of napping...?)

I looked this up on wikipedia, there is a thing called 'sleep debt'. Sleep debt has been a subject in health and work psychology courses where it is mentioned that in order for one to "pay back" this debt it is necessary to sleep for half the amount of time owed. For example, if of a daily recommended 8 hours sleep one sleeps only 4 hours, one will owe 4 hours; therefore 2 hours of sleep can make up for the 4.

So I'm owed a lot of sleep I recon. Gonna take this one up with HR department.

No comments: